Aqidah December 21, 2014 Recipes
Fruit custard has an unfair reputation of being a rather boring dessert. Not true. Fruit custard is a simple, tasty, and relatively healthy dessert option that harkens back to an earlier time. If you have great-tasting fruit, your custard can’t go wrong. Experiment with different exotic fruits, as well as different combinations, to learn a wonderful new technique and start turning eyes. Fruit Salad with Custard is one of the most easiest desserts and also is my favorite too. At my place my mom always used to make this to use the left over fruits from the festivals. As one can prepare this fruit custard ahead, you can prepare this dessert even for get together or parties for a large crowd. Fruit Custard tastes best with vanilla ice cream but you can also serve it with whipped cream.
- 3 tablespoons of custard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed cardamom seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped apple, sliced banana
- Red and green cherries for garnish
- Boil and cool the milk. Add sugar to it, as much as you need to sweeten it to your liking.
- Add the custard powder to 2 tablespoons of milk in a bowl. Mix to make a paste.
- Add the mixed paste to the remainder of the milk. Return to the heat and cook over a low heat/fire for 5 to 10 minutes, or until it thickens slightly.
- Remove from the heat. Add crushed cardamon seeds to it. Allow to cool.Add chopped apple, sliced banana and pomegranate seeds to the cooled custard.
- Serve in an attractive dish. Garnish with red and green cherries.